iFirstAid (“iFirstAid” or “We” or “the app”) manages the information that We collect from you in accordance with all applicable privacy legislation in Australia.
1. Collection and Use of Your Personal Information
iFirstAid gives you first aid information, emergency travel numbers and immunisation records at your fingertips.
A failure by you to provide information requested by us may mean that we are unable to provide some or all of our services to you.
iFirstAid collects personal information when you register with iFirstAid. This may include, but is not limited to, your name, phone number, email, and details about your location. We also give you the option of providing images and other data to be associated with your iFirstAid user profile. If your personal details change, it is your responsibility to update your iFirstAid account with those changes, so that we can keep our records complete, accurate and up to date and you can be connected with other users.
This Application collects precise information about the location of your mobile device and will show a visual representation of you on a map corresponding to the last location your GPS was logged at. If you want to disable this service, you can change your GPS accuracy settings on your device.
iFirstAid may use the information collected by it to provide the iFirstAid Services, including (but not limited to):
- identification and authentication;
- to protect iFirstAid app and the users of the app;
- to provide, maintain, protect, and improve our services;
- providing your information to another family member connected by you
- to develop new service features;
- to contact you (for example, to inform you about upcoming changes or improvements to our services);
- to conduct research;
- to expand our user base;
- to develop our relationships with affiliate service providers;
- to provide or arrange internal or external verification services obtained by you via the app; and
- to generate data reports on an aggregated, non-personally identifiable basis, for both internal and third-party use, but subject to any applicable laws (for example, we may show Third Parties trends relating to the general use of iFirstAid services).
When you contact iFirstAid, we may keep a record of the communication(s) between you and iFirstAid to help resolve any issues you might have. If other user(s) of the app already have your username (or other information identifying you), and you have chosen to upload a photo or other personal information to your iFirstAid account, we may show those user(s) that personal information.
The app may only be downloaded by ages 13+. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with information without their consent, he or she should contact us at admin@iFirstAid.com.au. We will delete such information from our files within a reasonable time.
3. Cookies and Anonymous Identifiers
4. Protecting and Maintaining Personal Information
Your account is protected by a password for your privacy and security. We will take all reasonable steps to protect the information We hold about you from unauthorized access, use and disclosure, however We cannot guarantee the absolute security of that information, or that our systems will be completely free from third party interception or are incorruptible from viruses. We cannot and do not guarantee that information you send from your mobile device to us over the Internet will be protected by any form of encryption (encoding software). Considering this, we cannot and do not ensure or warrant the security or privacy of your personal information. You transmit your personal information to us at your own risk. You are entirely responsible for maintaining the security of your passwords and/or account information.
5. Third Parties
Third-party vendors, including Google, may show iFirstAid ads on sites across the Internet.
The iFirstAid app makes use of the Google Maps API to provide location-based services. If you wish to change our access or permissions, you may do so in your device’s settings by switching your availability to ‘off’.
6. Administrative Communications
iFirstAid reserves the right to send you administrative and account-related messages that you may not opt-out of. To cease all communications to you from iFirstAid you must close your iFirstAid account by notifying admin@iFirstAid.com.au
7. Accessing Personal Information and account closure
We will allow you, at any time, to access, edit, update and/ or delete the personal information that We hold about you, unless:
- We are legally permitted or required to deny you access to, and/ or to retain, the information; or
- you make request(s) that are unreasonably repetitive, require iFirstAid to make a disproportionate technical effort (for example, to develop an entirely new system), risk the privacy of others, or would be highly impractical to comply with.
If you wish to access the personal information we hold about you, or to delete your iFirstAid account, please contact us via the app or email admin@iFirstAid.com.au
We need to prevent information in our systems from being accidentally or maliciously destroyed. This means that, where you delete information from our services, residual copies of that information on our active servers, as well as any corresponding information on our back-up systems, may not be immediately deleted.
8. Privacy Concerns
iFirstAid by Survival Services Pty Ltd. (ABN: 14641921173 / ACN: 641921173)